Yellow Phase (beginning 11/23/20)
The number of COVID-19 cases and deaths in our local area have continued to rise. It is a concern that upcoming holiday travel might further escalate that trend. For this reason, the Session believes it is prudent to enter back into the Yellow Phase of our COVID response. There are only a few changes to the previous Green phase guidelines we've been following at MCC. Those changes are in bold text below.
- We will offer one Worship Service at 10:30 am on Sunday mornings. Communion will not be served.
- For any Worship Service, there will be a limited capacity of 106 persons in the Sanctuary and 25 in the Gathering Space, for a total of 131 congregation members for a service. These reductions in the maximum room capacity allow distance between families seated during the service.
- Masks must be worn by everyone attending in-person church services. There are no exceptions at this time. We realize this may impact those who are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, and we suggest watching the service by live stream (see the Sunday Service menu item at the top of the page). For those attending in-person, we encourage sitting separately from other families that you are not in regular contact with.
- The Sunday Worship Service will be live streamed on Facebook, YouTube, and our website at 10:30am. Please see the Sunday Service menu item at the top of the page. Kid’s Worship Packets will be provided for children who remain seated in the Sanctuary or Gathering Space during the service.
- Nursery and Children’s Worship will not be offered during the Sunday Worship Service. However, our nurseries will be available for families to use and monitor themselves. Please sign in and place any used toys in the designated container before leaving. Please wash hands when entering and leaving the nursery areas. Crayons and coloring bulletins for children will be made available for use during the worship service.
- Sunday School will not be offered in-person in the church building. Adult Sunday School will be available via Zoom. Parents, please check our Facebook Connect group for weekly Sunday School curriculum you can go through together with your children from home. If you are not on Facebook and would like access to the curriculum please email our Children’s Worship Coordinator, Val Kovalcik at email@example.com
- Small groups may continue to meet while wearing face masks and practicing social distancing.
- The Session will meet the second week of December to assess whether or not we should return to the Green phase.