Team Moose Factory | Day 4 (Morning)
We began the day with personal devotions in our various lodgings, and then headed to a group breakfast of pancakes and sausage at the church. Afterward, we enjoyed group worship music led by our own Eddie, Eric, and Andy, and then devotions by Bob - an associate staff member of our denominational mission agency, Mission to the World (MTW).
After small group prayer, we started our various work projects. Kelly (pictured left) led a group in prepping the church flooring for an upgrade. Another group prepared the grounds for this afternoon's Vacation Bible School, while a team began distributing flyers around the island about the VBS ministry. Still another group began repairing the interior walls of the church, patching drywall. And yet another group explored some other service opportunities around the island with our hosts.
Everyone is doing well and in good spirits this morning. The mosquito population seems manageable, even light, so far (However, experience tells us that will probably be short-lived!). The teams from the four various churches (Murrysville, Wexford, and Philly, PA, as well as a team from Midland, MI) all seem to be integrating quite well. Our leaders are on the ball.
Please continue to pray for:
- a solid turnout and a safe, fun, and Spirit-filled time at Vacation Bible School;
- the Spirit's work at the "Gathering of Our People" event this week on the island;
- unity, peace, and a spirit of godly submissiveness among our team members;
- the fruits of the Spirit in abundance in us, through us, and around us;
- whatever else the Spirit puts in your heart and mind!