Years ago, the members of Murrysville Community Church routinely spent time in prayer, asking the Lord to bless the congregation with an increase of children. They didn’t have many, if any. The nurseries were mostly empty, and the various ministries to little ones almost non-existent. Not any more.
God graciously answered those faithful prayers – quite generously! And he keeps answering them! If you visit us, you’ll see a growing brood of children and an increasingly full complement of ministries to disciple them in the faith. With great joy and a profound sense of stewardship, we receive these blessings. We want to protect them, prepare them, prosper them, and propel them into lives of everlasting consequence for Christ’s Kingdom.
To do that, our elders recently decided through prayer that it’s time to create a new part-time staff position: Director of Children’s Ministries.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will not personally direct all children’s ministries, but rather “lead the leaders.” As we presently envision the position, the Director of Children’s Ministries will lead the implementation of our vision for children’s ministries through:
- Leadership - Recruiting, training, and coordinating ministry directors;
- Curriculum - Reviewing, selecting, procuring, and distributing ministry curriculum;
- Coordination - Preparing and coordinating the schedule of children’s ministry meetings and events;
- Compliance - Insuring compliance to “safe practices” of children’s ministry. We require background checks of all children's ministry volunteers and strict compliance to established safety procedures;
- Presence – Maintaining a vibrant and personal presence in the various children’s ministries
We will be posting a job description to our website soon. Watch for more details!